The UFRJ School of Music, through its Graduate Programs, PPGM, and PROMUS, is pleased to announce the 17th Harpsichord Week, which takes place in virtual format on the week of October 5th to 9th, always at 3 pm.
With the participation of national and foreign guests, the event, coordinated by professors Marcelo Fagerlande and Mayra Pereira, can be accessed through the Zoom platform.
The Harpsichord Week, the only one of its kind in the country, has been held continuously since 2004 and brings together generations of Brazilian harpsichords and international guests, thus enriching knowledge in the areas of Performance Studies and Historical Musicology.
Check the complete schedule below.
17th Harpsichord Week – full program
October 5-9, 2020
Always at 3 pm (local time)
Coordination and organization by Marcelo Fagerlande (UFRJ) and Mayra Pereira (UFJF).
October 5, Monday
Opening Round Table – Homage to Kenneth Gilbert
- Prof. Olivier Baumont (National Conservatory of Music and Dance of Paris)
- Prof. Reinhard von Nagel (Atelier de facture von Nagel, Paris)
- Profa, Rachelle Taylor (McGill University, Montreal)
Mediation – Marcelo Fagerlande (UFRJ)
October 6, Tuesday
Initiation to harpsichord: children and old age
- Profa. Maria Lucia Barros (Conservatory Erik Satie, Paris)
- Profa. Maria Eugênia Sacco (Tatuí Conservatory)
Mediation – Profa. Ana Cecília Tavares (Music School of Brasília)
October 7, Wednesday
Teaching and research
- Profa. Helena Jank (UNICAMP)
- Prof. Ilton Wjuniski (Conservatory Claude Debussy, Paris)
- Prof. Claudio Ribeiro (Royal Conservatory of The Hague)
Mediation – Profa. Mayra Pereira (UFJF)
October 8, Thursday
- Ana Paula Segurola (Buenos Aires)
- Marcus Held (USP)
- Fernando Cardoso (São Paulo)
Mediation – Profa. Maria Aida Barroso (UFPE)
October 9, Friday
The armorial harpsichord
- Profa. Maria Aida Barroso (UFPE)
- Ladson Matos (Master student PROMUS-UFRJ)
Mediation – Profa. Beatriz Pavan (Gustavo Ritter Institute, GO)