Musical Theory in Brazil: Intercontinental Dialogues
Music and Mathematics: Intercontinental Dialogues
October 21 to 25, 2019
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Engineering Club of Rio de Janeiro
Communications, lectures, round tables, concerts
International guests: Edgardo Rodríguez (Universidad Nacional de La Plata) | Gabriel Pareyon (Universidad de Guadalajara) | Jean-Pierre Briot (IRCAM/CNRS) | José Oliveira Martins (Universidade de Coimbra) | Patrick McCreless (Yale University) | Robert Morris (Rochester University / Eastman School of Music)
National guests: Arthur Kampela (UNIRIO) | Carole Gubernikoff (UNIRIO) | Charles de Paiva (UNICAMP) | Cliff Korman (UNIRIO) | Cristina Gerling (UFRGS) | Didier Guigue (UFPB) | Ilza Nogueira (UFPB) | Júlio Herrlein (UFRGS) | Marcelo Carneiro (UNIRIO) | Marcos Branda Lacerda (USP) | Paulo Costa Lima (UFBA) | Paulo de Tarso (USP) | Ricardo Bordini (UFMA) | Rodrigo Schramm (UFRGS)
Brazilian Association of Musical Theory and Analysis | MusMat Research Group | Graduate Program in Music at UFRJ | Graduate Program in Music at UNIRIO | Federal University of Rio de Janeiro | Engineering Club of Rio de Janeiro
Acácio Piedade (UDESC) | Alejandro Martinez (Universidad Nacional de La Plata) | Carole Gubernikoff (UNIRIO) | Edgardo Rodriguez (Universidad Nacional de La Plata) | Gabriel Pareyón (Universidad de Guadalajara) | Jean Pierre Briot (CNRS) | Luigi Irlandini (UDESC) | Marcelo Carneiro (UNIRIO) | Marcos Sampaio (UFBA) | Marcos Vieira Lucas (UNIRIO) | Paulo Costa Lima (UFBA) | Paulo de Tarso Salles (USP) | Pauxy Gentil-Nunes (UFRJ) | Robert Morris (Rochester University / Eastman School of Music) | Robert Peck (Louisiana State University) | Sérgio Freitas (UDESC)
Carlos Almada (UFRJ) | Daniel Moreira (UFRJ) | Liduino Pitombeira (UFRJ) | Ilza Nogueira (UFBA) | Pauxy Gentil-Nunes (UFRJ) | Rodolfo Coelho de Souza (USP)
Carlos Almada (UFRJ) | Liduino Pitombeira (UFRJ) | Norton Dudeque (UFPR) | Pauxy Gentil-Nunes (UFRJ) | Rodolfo Coelho de Souza (USP)
Ana Miccolis (Mestre) | Ariane Petri (Doutora) | Claudia Usai Gomes (mestranda) | Eduardo Cabral (graduando) | Igor Chagas (graduando) | Max Kühn (mestrando) | Sean Barbosa (graduando)
Access policy for previous editions
Presentations that make up the current and previous conferences on this site are freely accessible and are available for free reading for the benefit of interested authors and readers.
Authors who submit to this conference agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyrights on the works, allowing the conference to place them under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which freely allows others to access, use and share them with the authorship credit and initial submission at this conference.
- Authors may waive the terms of the CC license and set additional contracts for non-exclusive distribution and subsequent publication of their works (e. g. to publish an updated version in a journal, make available in institutional repository, or publish it in a book), with the authorship credit and the initial presentation at this conference.
- In addition, authors are encouraged to publish and share their work online (e. g. in an institutional repository or on their personal page) at any time after the conference.
The names and addresses given to this conference will be used exclusively for the services provided by this event and will not be made available for other purposes or to third parties.
Previous editions of the Conferences
Congress of the Brazilian Association of Musical Theory and Analysis – previous editions
National Congress of Music and Mathematics – previous editions
- Rio de Janeiro Engineering Club
- Edifício Edison Passos – Av. Rio Branco, 124 – CEP 20.040-001 – Rio de Janeiro/RJ – Tel: (21) 2178-9200.
- UFRJ School of Music
- Prédio III – Edifício Ventura* – Av. República do Chile, 330, Torre Leste – 21o. Andar – Centro – Rio de Janeiro – RJ – CEP 20031-370
- UFRJ Graduate Program in Music
- Phone: (21) 2262-8742
- Congress Organizing Committee:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of papers – 25/06/2019 a 30/08/2019
- Publication of papers approved for Congress and definitive programming – 10/09/2019
- Realization of the event – 21 a 25/10/2019